New process to access Pause
Register with us and request a session HERE
Pause want to make sure you know we are here for Children, Young people, Young adults, Parents and carers during this unprecedented time.
Now we are in our third lockdown we want to reassure you we are still here to support your emotional wellbeing and talk about whatever you want to talk about! Our Digbeth hub is closed, but we are able to provide support over the phone. A challenge like Coronavirus means young people may need support in new and different ways. We are doing everything in our power to make sure we can be there and give you the support needed.
To ensure that children, young people and young adults are able to access support with our trained practitioners we have created an easy way to register and request support online via our website plus you can still call our registration line 0207 841 4470. Once registered, one of our trained Wellbeing Practitioners will contact you with an appointment date and time.
Pause’s operating hours are between 10am - 6pm Monday to Friday and 10am - 5pm on Saturday (please note local call charges do apply).
If you are in crisis you can contact our Access Centre on 0300 300 0099 and speak to a member of our team.
There is also an updated bank of online resources on the Children’s Society website to offer you support and help when we are not able to talk with you.
Please continue to visit Pause website for up to date information on service openings and offer of support.
Who is Pause for?
If you are under 25 and registered with a GP in Birmingham, you can receive support from Pause. We also provide support for parents and carers who are concerned about their child or young person’s wellbeing.
What can Pause help with?
Anything relating to emotional wellbeing!
But what is emotional wellbeing?! In simple terms, it is emotional health & happiness.
When we are emotionally healthy we:
- Function in society, whether that is at school, college, uni or at work, or when we are with friends and family;
- Cope with life’s challenges by drawing on our strengths;
- Understand and manage our emotions, expressing them in appropriate ways;
- Accept ourselves and show acceptance of others.
Our team is made up of experienced wellbeing practitioners & wellbeing volunteers who will take the time to listen to whatever it is that is troubling you.
- We can recommend strategies and techniques that aim to make life easier – for example, how to manage a panic attack, how to improve sleep or how best to communicate with family and friends etc.
- We will give practical suggestions and advice – this might be suggesting you to look at a website or to contact another service.
- We can provide a listening ear if you have something you want to get off your chest.
- We won’t assess or diagnose any conditions.
- We won’t automatically make referrals into other services.
- We won’t necessarily have to tell anyone that you have spoken to Pause.
(There may be times where we feel we need to speak to other people, services or agencies. We will try and speak to you about this before we do.)
Our aim is to help you boost your resilience as well as develop coping skills for when life presents challenges.
Register with us and request a session HERE
You can also register by leaving a message on our registration line: 020 784 14470 (please note local call charges do apply), one of the team will call you back and get you signed up for support.
Once you have registered or if you are returning to us, requested another sessions, we will get back in touch with you as soon as we can.
- We are not an emergency service – if there is any risk to life please contact the emergency services.
- The service does not run on Sundays or Bank Holidays, therefore we will not respond during these times.
- Due to lockdown restrictions we are supporting people over the phone at the moment, our Digbeth hub is closed.
- We will update this site when we are able to operate face to face drop ins again.
- We are led by you – the young person - we don’t book you in for regular sessions. It’s your choice when you contact us for support and how often – we are here when you want to talk.
Not ready to talk?
You might find our A-Z Resource Vault helpful with any issues you may be experiencing.
We now have several digital workshops available to book onto – click here to see what's on offer.