During these unprecedented times, our team is here providing easily accessible mental health support for our children and young people. These services are provided to offer emotional support, guidance and reassurance to young people in Birmingham who may find the current COVID-19 (coronavirus) situation overwhelming.
If you have any concerns our urgent and critical care services are still available to support when you need them.
Kooth is a new free, digital counselling service to support young people’s emotional and mental health in Birmingham. We know young people have been worried about exams being cancelled and the impact of Covid-19 on their loved ones.
Kooth gives children and young people (11-25) the opportunity to access online counselling from qualified counsellors and Emotional Well-being Practitioner who are available 12 noon until 10pm Monday-Friday and 6pm-10pm on Saturday and Sunday, 365 days per year.
Access Kooth via www.kooth.com.
Kooth is linked into the wider mental health support from Forward Thinking Birmingham and offers:
- Online mental health counselling and chat services from midday to 10pm during the week, and 6pm to 10pm at weekends
- Peer to peer support through moderated discussion forums
- Self-care tools and resources to build resilience
- Early response to and identification of emotional wellbeing and mental health problems
- And there are no waiting lists, referrals or thresholds to access the service
Find out more about Kooth here.
Pause and Access Centre
Opening hours and contact details
0-18 year olds
0207 841 4470
0300 300 0099